Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Hearsay = TRUTH?

http://columbuzz.net/index.php?news=6068


















Bob wrote on columbuzz:
"I understand the concerns. But sometimes, hearsay is the only link we have to the truth."

Bob, sometimes hearsay is a link to malicious lies, but you don't seem to care about that as long as those lies aren't about you, your friends, or Democrats.

"We seek out the truth."

Delusional.

"I am currently in a lawsuit because of the way I said some things here. Things that I was told by several people, and things that I said because of what I saw and read for myself. Some of those people who told me those things have now disappeared."

What?!?  They've disappeared?  I'm SHOCKED!

"But others have replaced them, with new information, and PROOF, about even more damning information."

Here we go again.

"Information that probably would have won me the election, had it been available during the campaign."

Delusional.  Bob, I don't believe you will ever win an election.  You are unelectable.

"But now it will be decided in court. Attorneys advise me not to speak about it here while the case is active."

Why should it matter that the case is active Bob, since everything you post is the TRUTH?

"I said some of those things because this is a site for the expression of opinions."

You mean the expression of opinions that agree with yours.  By the way, expression of opinions does not include libel.  When will you get that through your empty skull?  You cannot publicly accuse someone of criminal activity without proof.

"People disagree with the way their elected officials do all the time. I disagreed with one. Now I have to go to court to prove my opinion."

You didn't just express your disagreement with him.  You accused him of criminal activity and tried to pass your "opinions" off as fact.

"I can prove every word I said, about my opponent in the race and lawsuit, and about the things we report about Milestone."

But your "sources" have disappeared?  How can you prove anything now?

"It's hearsay, and we reported it as hearsay. We showed you where we heard the information."

More lies.

"We report information because we can't be everywhere at one time and witness everything that happens. Hearsay is where it starts a lot of times."

Hearsay is also where it ends a lot of times, in court.

"Ironically, part of the evidence they are using against me is hearsay. We have several people here that post stuff on this website. They assume that I did it because I have my name as owner of the domain name. So hearsay is being used to condemn me for reporting hearsay."

Is this going to be Bob's defense in court?  It wasn't me, it was the bots.

"So, because of the pending litigation, we are trying harder to not post anything without proof to back it up. We also plan to run everything by the accused, for their response, before we post anything."

I've heard this one before.

"But we will be more careful how we post information we receive. My point here is, at times, hearsay is the only way we ever know about something going on."

Or the hearsay could be all lies.

"And how many people have accused the Mayor of wrongdoing? Have you? What if he sued you for what you said? I've heard him called a thief, liar, and a crook. Can you prove your opinion? The Mayor is a better man than that. He knows criticism comes with the job. But what if he sued everyone that ever said a bad thing about him? Think about it."

Bob, here's the difference.  You have called Fred Barkes a thief, a criminal, and a crook on a public website over and over again and you wouldn't stop until your lawyers told you to.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bob, the gift that keeps on giving!

Anonymous said...

What day is the hearing? I need to make sure I have that day off work. ;)

Anonymous said...

“Now I have to go to court to prove my opinion”

Thanks for clearing that up Bob. It was your opinion, not fact based.

"I said some of those things because this is a site for the expression of opinions."

That does not mean you get to threaten others or say anything you want about other people. Quit trying to make it sound like you were fine when any sane person reading your posts and comments would know better. You are not a five year old child who is learning right from wrong but a grown man who has been an adult for many years. Come on and just change for real this time!!

E

Anonymous said...

Ole Bobs about to get a real lesson on opinion
and $$$$$$$$ fact based $$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ costly facts of life $$$$$$$$$$,please post court date i`d sure like be there and see his sorry looking fat face
when the judge says $$$$$$$$$$ money talks an Bobs BS walks

Anonymous said...

Dude. You said Bob didn't stop talking until the attorney told him to. Based on the above evidence he has not stopped yet. The facts are that Bob continues to spout off at the mouth. I agree I can not wait to hear the outcome of this lawsuit and the many I am sure will follow.

Dude said...

"Dude. You said Bob didn't stop talking until the attorney told him to. Based on the above evidence he has not stopped yet."

I believe he's stopped claiming Fred Barkes is a thief/crook/criminal.

Anonymous said...

***"I understand the concerns. But sometimes, hearsay is the only link we have to the truth."

Hearsay rule
A rule of evidence that generally prohibits a person from providing testimony based upon what that person has been told or learned secondhand. Instead, the rules of evidence favor testimony based upon a person's own observations.

Why? Beacause hearsay is, according to Miriam-Webster dictionary:

1: talk or opinion widely disseminated with no discernible source
2: a statement or report current without known authority for its truth

Hearsay is not admitted in court because it is inherently unreliable. Just as those who disseminate hearsay as truth are inherently unreliable.

***"I am currently in a lawsuit because of the way I said some things here. Things that I was told by several people, and things that I said because of what I saw and read for myself. Some of those people who told me those things have now disappeared."

uhhhhhhh...... sounds like unreliable sources to me. Anyway, who just "disappears"? So Bob is saying he heard rumours from people he doesn't know (doesn't even know their names)and passed those rumours on as truth.

***"But others have replaced them, with new information, and PROOF, about even more damning information."

More rumours. Do you at least know their names this time?

***"Information that probably would have won me the election, had it been available during the campaign."

I sure hope you paid money for this. By the way, I wonder what lies Bob told to paypal to get his money back. I wonder if he told them the money was to buy blackmail information from an unkown person. I wonder if he told them he left the payment behind the women's lingerie at wal-mart. I wonder if they would have re-imbursed the money had they known the truth.

***But now it will be decided in court. Attorneys advise me not to speak about it here while the case is active."

If this even sees a courtroom. I bet the jurors reaction will be priceless when they find how you (Bob) tried to buy information. What was that element of libel that has to be proven? That's right. Malice.

***"I can prove every word I said, about my opponent in the race and lawsuit, and about the things we report about Milestone."

Didn't you just admit it was hearsay and your sources have disappeared. Which is it? Can you prove everything? Is it your opinion (Bob-speak for he has no proof)? Or have your sources disappeared? How many lies can you tell in one article? Do you know what its like to be verbally slapped around in a court room with your own words? They should petition to televise this.

***"So, because of the pending litigation, we are trying harder to not post anything without proof to back it up." "We also plan to run everything by the accused, for their response, before we post anything."

Trying harder? How hard is it to withhold from saying something without proof?

***"We also plan to run everything by the accused, for their response, before we post anything."

Duh. Its called journalism.

Dude said...

"Trying harder? How hard is it to withhold from saying something without proof?"

For Bob, I would say it's probably harder than his concrete head for him to withhold from saying something without proof.

Mercman said...

Someone commented,
"By the way, I wonder what lies Bob told to paypal to get his money back. I wonder if he told them the money was to buy blackmail information from an unkown person. I wonder if he told them he left the payment behind the women's lingerie at wal-mart. I wonder if they would have re-imbursed the money had they known the truth."

Bob had to ask a relative to send the payment via the relative's PayPal account. Bob couldn't work the heavy equipment...LOL.
This relative filed a claim based on "item not received", however the billing invoice cited "non-refundable", and that the payment was for digitally transferred material. PayPal policy does not refund for service or digital transfers.
The refund was awarded to Bob's relative because the claim was not disputed.
It's impossible for the seller to dispute a claim against their account when they have closed their PayPal account.

Bob got lucky this time, but he still announced to the world what a stupid, gullible, desperate idiot he truly is.

Mercman IS Bob's puppetmaster.