Monday, October 25, 2010

Bob's Investigation and Logic Skills

Bob seems to fancy himself as a great investigator, a la Sherlock Holmes, but I would 100% disagree.  Good investigators don't break the law when they investigate.  And from what I've seen, he stops "investigating" when he gets the answer he wants.  On this blog, I provided the trustee raise issue as an example.  Of course, Bob either doesn't understand my analysis or would argue that the trustee and his wife don't deserve any raises or promotions since they are incompetent.  And how does he conclude they are incompetent?  He has "proof" that at most 0.6% of the people seeking assistance from the trustee feel they were mistreated.  I don't know about you, but I'm sure glad Bob isn't my boss.  He would say something like "Dude, sorry but 0.6% of your clients are unhappy with your work, so I'm going to have to let you go."  And I would say "But 99.4% are happy with my work!"  And he would say "It doesn't matter.  If even ONE person in a million is unhappy with your work, then you are a failure."  I wonder why he doesn't hold himself to the same standard, since I'm positive that there's more than one person who's unhappy with his work on columbuzz!

No comments: