Friday, October 22, 2010

Columbuzz Is a Still a Joke

Well, the petty and vindictive moderators on columbuzz are at it again.  They no longer allow you to access their site with Firefox.  You get the following message:

"Columbus Private Network: Welcome to our 404 page, you can only arrive here for a few reasons. One of which is you could have been banned for suspicious activity on our network. or you may need to UPGRADE your browser to IE8 Enjoy"

I guess suspicious activity to them means you disagree with their garbage.  So I can only conclude they are desperately trying to deny me access to their website without shutting it down for everyone.  But guess what?  I also use IE, so they fail once again.  What are they trying to hide?  Why do they care so much if I can read their garbage or not?

And of course Bob is still paranoid:

"Our resident troublemaker, Mercman, and a few of his buddies, Jeff Barkes and their boyfriends and office girls, have started a website of their own and started basically just making fun of me, my campaign, and this website. And that's fine. They do it there because I won't tolerate it here."

Am I Mercman?  Nope.  Am I Jeff Barkes?  Nope.  Am I a buddy of Mercman or Jeff Barkes?  Nope.  Bob's paranoia on display.  And I'm glad I have your permission, Bob.  By the way, happy to see you admit to censorship.  Why don't you go ahead and post my web address on your little website so everyone will know the real truth.

"This website is here to try to expose truth that people around here normally don't see or hear."

Bob wouldn't know the truth if the truth were a block of concrete and it hit him on the head.  Multiple times.  Over and over again.  Sorry, I was just picturing that in my head and enjoying it way too much.

"These dingalings even went so far today to say that their 2 week old site had double the traffic now as Columbuzz.net does. I'm guessing that was simply a flat out lie."

Three weeks, but who's counting.  And I never said it had double the traffic of all of columbuzz.

"They said they had double the traffic as my most popular article gets in a day. My popular articles might get 100-200 views the first day or two."

Mine get 400 the first day, Bob.

"We are guessing that they have 10 or 12 people that visit their site, mostly from the Trustee's office and one or two people that do all of the posting in 4 or 5 different names."

Guessing wrong again Bob!  I guess you never get tired of being wrong, do ya!

"It is a service that we offer to help businesses out and to give us a little practice at making and placing ads for the day when we will charge for advertising."

Hey Bob, denying people access to your website is not a good business strategy.  If you do start charging for your ads, make sure you let your advertisers know that only Bob-o-bots are allowed to view your site.

Note to Jeremy:  I can still copy and paste just fine, thanks.

18 comments:

Mr. Mercman (not Dude) said...

Did anyone notice that a link to this site was not provided? I think Bob and his cronies are afraid to direct any traffic here, though this site has provided the link to Columbuzz.net numerous times.

"I'm guessing that was simply a flat out lie", said Boob Freeman.

Standard operating procedure for Columbusted.net. Accuse someone of a lie based on a guess.

I'm guessing Bob is a pedophile.
I'm guessing Bob is gay.
I'm guessing Bob's wife has a fondness for cucumbers.
I'm guessing Bob has skid marks in his tightey-whiteys.
I'm guessing Bob sleeps at work.



Hey, I think I'm getting the hang of this!

Mercman said...

I'm guessing that the majority of "hits" on their site is from Bob reloading page after page to proof-read....and he STILL can't get it right!

Dude said...

Have you noticed that immediately after he posts an "article", the rating is a 5? He's such an egomaniac that he rates his own "articles".

Dude said...

And remember Bob's immortal words "Calling someone a thief or a liar is serious business. I try not to do that until I am pretty sure."

Anonymous said...

Did anyone notice Bob claimed they don't charge advertising fees yet Mr. Inquisitive already admitted he makes money off the site?

Dude said...

Maybe he is making money from Google Ads?

Dude said...

I'm guessing that Jeremy is making money by extortion. I'm guessing that he threatens to "blow the whistle" on people/businesses unless they pay up.

Anonymous said...

We prefer the use of IE! Sorry we have been working on issues with Mozilla's Browser we've encountered, please be patient with us while we correct the issue.

Also, no money is earned with "Google Ads" shown on our site.

Dude said...

Firefox is so much better than IE. It was working just fine until yesterday. Strange coincidence, don't you think?

So then how do you make your money Jeremy? Extortion?

Dude said...

Hey Jeremy, I think I figured out your problem with Firefox. You have a very odd javascript embedded in your html:

if (/Firefox[\/\s](\d+\.\d+)/.test(navigator.userAgent)){ //test for Firefox/x.x or Firefox x.x (ignoring remaining digits);
var ffversion=new Number(RegExp.$1) // capture x.x portion and store as a number
if (ffversion>=3)
location.replace("http://columbus1.ath.cx/404/")
else if (ffversion>=2)
location.replace("http://columbus1.ath.cx/404/")
else if (ffversion>=1)
location.replace("http://columbus1.ath.cx/404/")
}
else
document.write("n/a")

All you have to do is remove it and Firefox will work just fine. I'll be sure to send you a bill for my services.

Yikes said...

var jeremy;
var hat;

if(jeremy.Job == professions.SoftwareEngineer)
{
hat.State = eaten;
}
else
{
jeremy.Job = professions.Wannabe;

jeremy. Relevance = "none";

jeremy.Description = "A hack who struggles to even follow the directions in Intellectual Property Theft for Dummies.";
}

var monkey;
jeremy.ReplaceWith(monkey);

BTW - not that you'll understand this, but there are some cool addons for FireFox that allow you to change the HTTP request strings and Javascript ID, so I have no problem cutting and pasting anything I like and accessing your crappy site from FireFox. Check your logs (if you know how) and you'll find a new browser called "germy doesn't know what he's doing :)" as the userAgent. You might want to block that one :) Oh wait, since you can't steal the code from somewhere else...oh well.

As usual, you fail.

Dude said...

@Yikes: LOL!!!

Anonymous said...

@Bob: "It is a service that we offer to help businesses out and to give us a little practice at making and placing ads for the day when we will charge for advertising."

Good luck with that - I doubt there will ever be any company in Columbus that pays you a penny - and I do mean ever. You might think that Rick and David are your friends, but they will dump you the second they think their company is in trouble - which is now.

Dude said...

Got 438 views yesterday on my new posts!

Anonymous said...

Liar!

Dude said...

Bob, is that you? Maybe a Bob-o-bot?

Anonymous said...

Bob,I wonder what your volunteer relationship was back in 2009 with your little Brother? You have said that you were a volunteer for Big Brothers, but in your own words, when you were accused of being a child molester, you said that you are never alone with any children. How does that work...

Bob Freeman said...

I just don't have children around me in my life nless the grandchildren come around. They live in Phoenix.

I was a Big Brother in 1977 until I married the boys aunt. Then I was his uncle. Todd Petro is his name if you want to ask him about the sick accusations some of you jerks make.

I wasn't a volnteer for Big Brothers in 2009.