Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Bob's "Proof" = His Uninformed Opinion

Bob seems to think he has proof of wrongdoing by the current trustee, so lets review his "proof":
  • Major SBOA audit issues?  His uninformed opinion.  All audit issues were minor.  And he claims that the last three SBOA audits had issues, but in an article in columbuzz, he writes "Oddly, his money was right his first two audits, but miserably wrong on his third audit."  So which is it?  Did all have issues or just one?
  • Excessive raises?  His uninformed opinion.  See my previous post on the subject.
  • Maintenance building not needed?  His uninformed opinion.  He knows nothing about maintaining fire equipment. 
  • Rampant trustee office rudeness?   His uninformed opinion. See my previous post on the subject.
  • "Funeral-gate"?  His "proof" is a signature in a guest book.
  • Hot head Fire Chief?  I'd be a hot head too if I heard that Bob called my wife a whore.
  • Third fire station not needed?  His uninformed opinion.  He knows nothing about fire protection.

And another lie from the man who never lies:
"The current trustee will not explain anything. He will only deny and call me a liar."
All is explained on this blog.  Bob likes to pretend that this blog doesn't exist.

Some more quotes:
"Now that I have questioned it, he and his buddies call me a liar and try to make me look bad."
That's because you are a liar and you make yourself look bad.  I just help you out a little bit.

"We need a new Trustee that will simply do the job and do it right." 
There's no way Bob will do the job and do it right.  He is totally clueless and in over his head.  The Fire Department will suffer under his mismanagement.

8 comments:

Concerned Citizen said...

I think my favorite part of that way Bob run's his site is his reaction to a voter when they try to give him some honest advice about appealing to voters. I know I ran into it when I tried to give him advice and check out his latest response to a voter telling him that it would help his campaign if he would dial down the rhetoric:

"And as far as slandering, I have told the truth. Oh I have thrown my opinion in about how I feel about them both from time to time, but what I state as fact is in deed fact and can be proven if need be.

And I want to become a 'public representative' so the people of Columbus Township can see how the office is supposed to be run.
It hasn't been run right since this guy has been in office.

If you wish to confirm my data, go find the annual budgets and see for yourself.

What I say is true. I don't need your approval, nor do I care how my image has improved in your eyes.

I state facts. Period.

Don't believe it? That's your problem. "

So basically - Bob is always right, doesn't care about what voters think, and won't listen to honest and decent voters in the community. Sounds like exactly the guy I want in office. LOL!

Dude said...

And that's exactly why he has lost every single election he's entered.

Phil Swaim said...

The SBOA audits, as I have seen them, did not have money issues in a couple of them, but the last two did. The one from 2004-2005 was where Fred was giving health insurance to people he was not authorized by law to give health insurance.

The last two have had money allocation issues and book keeping issues. Basically, the SBOA on the last one, couldn't figure out Fred's book keeping for that year, so they deducted it out of his next years budget to fill the descrepancy.

Those are not minor issues. That's very important basic fundamentals of running an office and knowing what you can and cannot do under the law with insurance.

One those issues, Bob is spot on. THe other ones, as you guys are pointing out, are not so spot on, if not, just missing the target.

Dude said...

The SBOA audit issues are addressed by Mr. Barkes on my blog.

Phil Swaim said...

Sorry, I still am sticking with the SBOA. calling those "simple" mistakes are ridiculous. That's like Barb Hackman calling her accounting screw-up with the 911 Call Center screw up a simple mistake. indeed a mistake simple to make, but it is has HUGE consquences when it comes to appropriation and budget hearings.

Those are basic fundamentals of running an office.

I know about the health insurance thing. There's too much of this "well they did it, so I must be able to." Bob needed to hit Fred on that. Wish he would have done it before the SBOA, but that's just how it goes.

bob should not have gone to the lengths he did to extrapolate that Fred stole money. He just needed to ask the question, "where did that money go? Or to whom did that money go?" That would have been enough to trigger an informative response and then a follow up by Bob. We're still waiting on the follow up, i guess.

Dude said...

I respect your opinion. I just think it's unrealistic to expect humans to not make mistakes. And we agree that Bob went off the deep end with his accusations.

Phil Swaim said...

Yes, we indeed to agree with the deep end idea.

My point is the mentality of county officials and local government that "it was a simple mistake. Just forgive me and move on." There should have been a little more owning up to the mistake and a plan of action to make sure it never happens again, realizing that such errors can cause much larger issues later on.

That's all I ask. I don't expect perfection. I just expect people to learn from the "simple" mistakes.

Dude said...

Fair enough.