Saturday, October 2, 2010

Email Exchange with Bob Freeman

Since Bob seems to enjoy including personal emails in his articles on Columbuzz.net, I thought I would respond in kind.  Here's a little email flame war I had with Bob on Friday, Sept. 24.  It all started with my complaining about him deleting my comments.  Start from the bottom and work your way up.  I added some commentary.

To: <robertfreeman@yahoo.com>

Thanks for playing.  It was very illuminating for me.
Just one last thought from me.  It just occurred to me that maybe you really don't want to win the election.  Maybe you just want to stir up a firestorm of controversy to increase traffic to your website.  Increased traffic means more ad revenue.  I only mention it because I just saw the post boasting about the increased web traffic at Columbuzz.  Things that make you go hmm.

COMMENTARY:  I guess he's getting sick of looking stupid.
-----Original Message-----
From: robertfreeman@yahoo.com
Sent: Sep 24, 2010 2:25 PM
Subject: Re: Being Civil

I don't know or care who you are. And I'm sick of this stupid e-mail game.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 14:07:02 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
To: <robertfreeman@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Being Civil


If you don't care, then why even mention it?  Admit it, it was a feeble attempt at intimidation.  And I'm not sure what my Dad has to do with anything.  He doesn't even live in Columbus.  Or do you think I'm Jeff Barkes?  If so, then wrong again.
COMMENTARY:  Notice that he's starting to backtrack, claiming that he doesn't care.  And now he thinks I'm Jeff Barkes.
-----Original Message-----
From: robertfreeman@yahoo.com
Sent: Sep 24, 2010 1:56 PM
Subject: Re: Being Civil

There are several people that run the site. One said you posted from there. I don't care.

And I don't try to scare anyone. Keep getting that from your daddy and his chief butty. LOL
COMMENTARY:  I guess he thinks I don't understand how the internet works.  Unfortunately for him, I'm a software engineer.

Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 14:32:52 -0400 (EDT)
To: <robertfreeman@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Being Civil


You're a hoot.  Wow, you know where I posted from?  You mean to tell me that every time someone accesses your site, you can look at a log file to see their IP address, and then check where that IP address is registered?  I'm shocked!  Is that supposed to scare me?  By the way, I don't even work for Cummins.  And there's that "we" again.

COMMENTARY:  Deception!  " I simply told you we know where you posted from."  Sure, whatever.
-----Original Message-----
From: robertfreeman@yahoo.com
Sent: Sep 24, 2010 1:14 PM
Subject: Re: Being Civil

I didn't say they would do anything. I simply told you we know where you posted from. Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 14:07:07 -0400 (EDT)
To: <robertfreeman@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Being Civil


Wow, so this is the real Bob Freeman.  It's too bad the voters can't see this.  And what exactly would Cummins do to me?
COMMENTARY:  I'm really laughing now.  He thinks he can scare me by threatening to tell my "employer".
-----Original Message-----
From: robertfreeman@yahoo.com
Sent: Sep 24, 2010 1:02 PM
Subject: Re: Being Civil

No playbook.

We can trace to Cummins Fuel Systems. Cummins can trace to YOU.

LOL LOL
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 13:55:58 -0400 (EDT)
To: <robertfreeman@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Being Civil


WRONG!  Your friend is not much of a detective, is he?  So much for anonymity on the website, eh?  Is this what you do to people who disagree with you, try to figure out who they are so you can attempt to discredit them?  Is that from the Obama playbook?
COMMENTARY:  Notice that at this point, he and his friends at columbuzz are trying to figure out who I am.  They think I'm the infamous Mercman that he always mentions on columbuzz and that I work at Cummins.  I'm not and tried to tell him that, but he is convinced that I am, so it must be true.  Paranoid?
-----Original Message-----
From: robertfreeman@yahoo.com
Sent: Sep 24, 2010 12:38 PM
Subject: Re: Being Civil

My friend tells me your posts come from Cummins Fuel Systems.

Go ask them what civil means.

LOL

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 12:11:59 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
To: <robertfreeman@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Being Civil

"I have provided proof."

Are you sure you're not delusional?


I can't imagine why they would be nasty to you.  If someone accused me of negligent homicide, I'd just give them a hug!

Does being civil apply to you?  I guess it's do as I say, not as I do.

But I think what you really mean to say is "Don''t make me look bad or stupid, or your posts will be deleted."

It's just hilarious that you complain about your opponent's deception.  What about your deception with deleting comments you don't like?  You are quite the politician already.

-----Original Message-----
From: robertfreeman@yahoo.com
Sent: Sep 24, 2010 11:21 AM
Subject: Re: Being Civil

I have provided proof. I have seen the nastiness as well.

Like I said, be civil or your posts will be deleted. Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 12:18:00 -0400 (EDT)
To: <robertfreeman@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Being Civil


I think you have things a little backwards.  In this country for the most part, it is or at least should be innocent until proven guilty.  You are the one leveling accusations, so YOU have the burden of proof.

"I have heard from more than two dozen people about the crappy attitude and their refusal to enter the building."

Were you there to witness it?  No?  Then it's hearsay.

 "And whether they were refused or not, being treated like crap by the trustee office should never happen."

And you don't treat people like crap on your website if they disagree with you?  Maybe you don't think so, since you always think you're right so you are justified in every statement you make.  Assuming this is true, I doubt you would do any better as trustee from what I've seen.

"No, I don't deny any post I make. I don't remember which you are referring to."

It's still there on your site.  Do you think maybe posts like that one is one of the reasons the temperature drops 20 degrees when you enter the meetings?

"Are you denying that the trustees wife went to a funeral and announced that the trustee paid for it?"

I have no idea.  I was not there.  Were you?  Again, hearsay.

"Are you denying sneaky crap going on with the money?"

Again, I have no idea.  Have you contacted the authorities?  A word of advice, when you talk to them, I would be more specific than "sneaky crap".

"Are you certain the Trustee wasn't forced to resign as treasurer of the fire department for money discrepancies?"

Again, I have no idea.  And neither do you.  It is a baseless accusation without proof.  You say that all the time on your website, "prove me wrong".  Nope, YOU have the burden of proof.

"Can you truly say that the trustee does all he can to help our poor?"

Don't know.  That's very subjective, and this would be a great topic for your campaign.  Post an article that contrasts your views about the subject with your opponent's, but WITHOUT baseless accusations (like he's the antichrist or something ridiculous like that).  Or can you not win the election based on the issues?

"Do you think its funny that he gives Rodney the freedom he does?"

Don't know Rodney.  Do you think it's funny to throw out baseless accusations?  I see a lot of LOLs in your comments.
COMMENTARY:  Still doesn't remember his own article.  At least he admits that he's naive.
-----Original Message-----
From: robertfreeman@yahoo.com
Sent: Sep 24, 2010 10:40 AM
Subject: Re: Being Civil

I have heard from more than two dozen people about the crappy attitude and their refusal to enter the building.

And whether they were refused or not, being treated like crap by the trustee office should never happen.

No, I don't deny any post I make. I don't remember which you are referring to.

I have been a bit naïve during this campaign. But I'm learning.

Are you denying that the trustees wife went to a funeral and announced that the trustee paid for it?

Are you denying sneaky crap going on with the money?

Are you certain the Trustee wasn't forced to resign as treasurer of the fire department for money discrepancies?

Can you truly say that the trustee does all he can to help our poor?

Do you think its funny that he gives Rodney the freedom he does? That idiot should have been fired long ago for attitude alone. Rodney will be one good reason Fred will lose the election.


Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 10:23:49 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
To: <robertfreeman@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Being Civil


They are your own words from your March 1, 2010 posting on your website.  Do I really need to copy and paste your own words in an email?  Are you saying you didn't write the March 1, 2010 posting?


And the people who say that they refuse to enter the building because of poor treatment:

Are they telling the truth?
Did they lie to the case workers?
Are you only hearing one side of the story (the one you want to believe)?
Do you believe everything you are told?
Do they have a vendetta against someone in the office?
Are they isolated incidents?


As for passing an SBOA audit without issues:

Have you ever made a mistake in your job or are you perfect?
Could it possibly be honest mistakes?  Or does that explanation not fit your agenda?
Are you sure you could do better?  I've seen a few math mistakes on your site.  Honest mistake?  Maybe.  Or should I automatically assume the worst and say it was deception?


To me, you come across as incredibly naive in your postings and your election website, that you believe everything someone tells you as long as it's what you want to believe.

COMMENTARY:  Notice that Bob is either lying, or has no recollection of his own articles.  And I guess since he deletes idiotic emails, he must delete all of the ones he writes.
-----Original Message-----
From: robertfreeman@yahoo.com
Sent: Sep 24, 2010 9:54 AM
Subject: Re: Being Civil

Explain each of those statements.

Most of those in the office are incompetent. They can't even pass an SBOA audit without issues.
People refuse to enter the building because of treatment there. Think about that. They would rather go hungry than face the people and policies in that office.

But I'm curious about your other statements.

I don't block e-mail addresses. I delete idiotic e-mails. Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 09:46:20 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
To: Bob Freeman<robertfreeman@yahoo.com>
Subject: Being Civil


I'm sure you've blocked my email address by now, but just in case you haven't, let's talk about being civil.

Is it civil to accuse your opponent of negligent homicide?
Is it civil to compare your opponent to the Taliban and Iranians?
Is it civil to call all those who work in the Trustee office monsters?
Is it civil to imply that your opponent's wife is incompetent in her job?

You have done all of these things and more.  Is this your definition of civility?  Because if it is and by some miracle you are elected as Trustee, then God help the good people of Columbus Township.
COMMENTARY:  What Bob really means here is that you will agree with me or you will not be posted.  Also note that Bob was using a song on his campaign website without permission.
-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Freeman
Sent: Sep 24, 2010 5:45 AM
Subject: Re: Coward
You will be civil on the site or you will not be posted.
There is now no music on my campaign website.
Subject: Coward
To: robertfreeman@yahoo.com
Date: Thursday, September 23, 2010, 9:52 PM


I see you are deleting my comments on your website.  Like I said, dish it out, can't take it!  Maybe I'll  check to see if the domain bobfreemanisacoward.com is available.

By the way, love your campaign website, especially the music.  That's Uprising by Muse, correct?  Did you ask them permission to use their song for your campaign?  I wonder if the legal department of Warner Bros. Records would be interested to know this truth/fact.

No comments: