Saturday, December 25, 2010

Bob's Hard Drive

"I was told that the fire chief and the trustee were planning to have it confiscated for a pending lawsuit.  I have stuff on my computer that I don't want others to see."

Anything illegal Bob?  Like evidence of you advertising and possibly using and selling odometer tampering devices on the internet?

"It simply wouldn't be right for anyone to have access to my personal computer."

Not even the police with a court order?  Bob still thinks he's above the law!

"People told me there was no chance they could take it but I didn't want to take a chance so I bought a new hard drive."

A little gullible, aren't you Bob?  So where's the old one?

"If they had demanded it, I would have had the stuff I needed to keep secret gone."

Bob, this is called destruction of evidence and it is a serious crime.  But I forgot that you're above the law, so never mind.

No comments: