Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Is Bob Evolving?

Since I've been very critical of Bob and columbuzz lately, I'm a little surprised at the recent developments on columbuzz.  Has my exposure of their "shenanigans" on their website embarrassed them and caused them to make some positive changes?  Here are some of the changes that I've noticed:
  • They are no longer blocking my IP address from columbuzz.  Of course, I got around their IP blocking fairly easily, but still this is a positive change.
  • They actually posted one of my comments and have not deleted it (at least not yet).
  • They seem to be allowing more comments that express dissenting views on their "articles".
  • Bob has stopped the name calling and is not adding his usual commentary.
My questions about these recent changes:
  • Will they last or are they just temporary to get me off their backs?
  • Why did they make these changes?  Was it my blog?  Threat of a lawsuit?  Bob evolving?  Decrease in visits to their site?
Whatever the reason, I hope the changes are permanent.  If they are, then maybe I can stop blogging someday soon and ride off into the sunset.  I still don't like some of the emails that they post.  The latest one about John Kennard was painful to read.  When someone is that illiterate, it is difficult to take anything they write seriously.

7 comments:

SURPRISED BY BOB? NOT! said...

MY TAKE:

Is Bob Evolving?

YES AND NO.

Since I've been very critical of Bob and columbuzz lately, I'm a little surprised at the recent developments on columbuzz.

NOTHING ON COLUMBUZZ REALLY COMES AS A SURPRISE.

Has my exposure of their "shenanigans" on their website embarrassed them and caused them to make some positive changes?

NO QUESTION YOU HAVE IMPACTED THERE DECISIONS.

Here are some of the changes that I've noticed:

They are no longer blocking my IP address from columbuzz. Of course, I got around their IP blocking fairly easily, but still this is a positive change.

AN "OLIVE BRANCH" FROM BOB?

They actually posted one of my comments and have not deleted it (at least not yet).

REMARKABLE!

They seem to be allowing more comments that express dissenting views on their "articles".

**SEE BELOW.

Bob has stopped the name calling and is not adding his usual commentary.

PERHAPS HE HAS THE FLU.

My questions about these recent changes:

Will they last or are they just temporary to get me off their backs?

**SEE BELOW.

Why did they make these changes? Was it my blog? Threat of a lawsuit? Bob evolving? Decrease in visits to their site?
Whatever the reason, I hope the changes are permanent. If they are, then maybe I can stop blogging someday soon and ride off into the sunset. I still don't like some of the emails that they post. The latest one about John Kennard was painful to read. When someone is that illiterate, it is difficult to take anything they write seriously.

**DUDE, DON'T HOP ON YOUR HORSE YET. YES, THERE IS SOMETHING "WRONG" WITH BOB BUT WE HAVE WITNESSED THIS BEFORE, JUST NOT TO THIS EXTENT.

I THINK IT IS PRETTY APPARENT THAT YOUR BLOG BROUGHT ABOUT A LOT OF THESE CHANGES. IN ORDER FOR BOB TO GET PEOPLE TO PARTICIPATE, HE WAS FORCED TO OPEN THE DOOR. THIS PROBABLY HAS MORE TO DO WITH HIS OVER-SIZED EGO THAN ANYTHING ELSE.

TIME WILL TELL.

Anonymous said...

It could be a Christmas "cease-fire."

Dude said...

Or maybe Bob is finally taking his medication.

Anonymous said...

Bob? Evolving? Evolving into what? A human? DON'T be fooled by this idiot. He could be fishing (phishing) by encouraging commentary and seeming like a "decent" human being. It will take a lot more than allowing minor dissent and comments and cutting back his stupid comments for me to ever think he has changed or even could change.

Bob Freeman is cunning and malicious. Thank God he is to stupid to ever be a real threat.

Anonymous said...

If Hitler could have a cease fire I suppose Bob could. Still don't trust him.

Anonymous said...

DUDE SAID "The latest one about John Kennard was painful to read. When someone is that illiterate, it is difficult to take anything they write seriously."

DUDE, BIRDS OF A FEATHER FLOCK TOGETHER. THE POST ABOUT JOHN KENNARD IS A CENTERPIECE OF THE INSANITY OF COLUMBUZZ. THEY ARE NOT A WHISTLE-BLOWING SITE, THEY ARE A SITE FOR IDIOTS, WANNABES AND NEVER-WHERES! BOB FREEMAN IS THE KING OF THE IDIOTS. BOB IS THE "GO-TO" MORON FOR EVERY CONSPIRACY THEORY AND NONSENSE THOUGHT FROM PEOPLE OF HIS ILK.

I HOPE YOU KEEP BLOGGING BECAUSE, ALTHOUGH WE FOCUS ON THE DUFUS BOB, COLUMBUZZ NEEDS TO BE CALLED OUT, ALMOST CONTINUOUSLY, FOR THE CRAP THEY POST AS "FACT." YOUR WORK, MY FRIEND, IS NOWHERE NEAR DONE!

Anonymous said...

It would be entertaining to email them fake stories, or complaints. Flood them with such emails, and watch them go crazy trying to "investigate". Their heads would explode.